Saturday, February 21, 2009

Punched Flower

As I have said before, I am really enjoying my punches and the different images that can be made from them. This big flower simply uses the 5-Petal punch and is then paper pieced together. The little flower on top with the brad is the middle flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. It looks like putting the whole flower together would be really involved and time consuming, but it went rather quick and effortlessly. Only the first layer of the 5-Petal punch image is whole. The remaining flowers were sponged with Night of Navy and a sponge dauber and then the petals were snipped. Just a dot of Tombo Multipurpose Glue was placed on the inside corner of each petal before I slid it under and attached. I used a total of 8 flowers, including the whole one on top. A smaller flower with only 3 layers (using just 4 flower punches) looks very pretty and elegant ~ but was just too small for this card. You can see a tutorial and another beautiful example of this by Stacey King on her blog here.
Supplies:
Stamps: Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Urban Garden DSP, Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: 5-Petal flower punch, Boho Blossoms punch
If you would like to order any of the supplies to make this card, go to my website and click on "Shop Now". It is quick and easy....I promise!
Thanks for looking!

No comments: