Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Monday! I have been playing around a little bit with my Love You Much set. This first card uses a color combination of Baha Breeze, Basic Black, Ridinghood Red and Whisper White. I think these colors look so pretty together. They are a little different, too, from the traditional Valentine colors. I did use the retired Flowers for a Friend set for my sentiment. To stamp the birds, I used Black as well as Ruby Red markers (the heart) directly to the rubber and stamped on the white, but then also stamped them on a piece of retired DSP, cut out their bodies and attached to the image on white. The flowers are punched out from the same designer paper with the Boho Blossoms punch, and a silver brad in the center. The ribbon is Ridinghood Red 5/8" striped grosgrain. Don't you just love how all of the accessories coordinate with the cardstock and inks?
For the second card, I was trying to follow a sketch, but wasn't too successful. I am not really happy with the final outcome of the card, BUT...it is a card and so I decided to post it anyway. The sentiment on this card comes from Fresh Flowers. That is the only stamping. The hearts and ovals are all punched. The three different sized hearts all come from one punch, Heart to Heart. I was actually able to make this second card completely out of scrap pieces of cardstock (all but the Ridinghood Red taffeta ribbon)!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: