Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Snowman Pin

I made the most adorable pin. I was wanting to make a poinsettia pin that I saw a tutorial for on SCS, but I don't seem to have a poinsettia stamp. However, I came across Amy Celona's blog and she made the cutest pin using the line of snowmen from Holiday Lineup. You can find her pin here. Hers is so much cuter because the detail is so clear. I worked and worked and struggled (and made my kids work on it too...) but just am not doing something right to get good lighting and details of the picture to show up well.Anyway, this is my pin above. It is a little time consuming to make as there is a lot of cutting. There are four layers of the line of snowmen and then an additional four layers of the middle snowman on top of that. All of the hats, scarves, mittens and noses are stamped and cut out as well. The layers were put together with Mod Podge and after all was said and done, Crystal Effects was added to the top, back and sides to make it glossy. A pin clasp was added to the back with Crystal Effects as well. The images were stamped in Black Stazon. It is really cute in person....wish you could see it! My mom is a camera person....we call her "Phil Photo", so while I am visiting her I am going to have her play with my camera and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: