Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A little dry embossing....

This week on Late Night Stampers Group, our Design Team challenge was to make something using an embossing technique.  It could be dry embossing ~ which would utilize any of the Classy Brass Templates or the Big Shot with Texturz Plates or Embosslits Dies or embossing folders ~ or we could use heat embossing ~ which would require stamping an image in a pigment ink or Versamark and adding embossing powder and then setting with a heat tool.   I chose to use the Manhattan Flower Texturz Impressions folder.  I sure hope Stampin' Up! comes out with some more embossing folders in the new catalog on July 1st!  They are so fun to use!
I placed some DSP from the Good Morning Sunshine DSP pack in the folder and ran through the Big Shot to emboss.  Then, I lightly sanded the raised image with a sanding block to make it look white and pop.   You can't really tell in the photo, but the base of the card is actually Whisper White, so sanding the image brought out a little more white color.

Supplies:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Ridinghood Red, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Accessories:  Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip cordoroy button, natural hemp

I left the card without a greeting on the outside so that when I need it, I can put the appropriate greeting on the inside and tailor it to my need at that time.

If you would like to purchase any of the items used to make this card, simply click on the "Shop Now" button.  You can order online 24/7, or just email me at stampinsteph72858@gmail.com.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: