Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple, stepped up

I made this card using the technique of masking. I took a basic white card and added a little dimension by placing scoring lines on the left vertical side of the card and the lower horizontal portion of the card. I used my stylus and paper cutter to achieve this effect. I then stamped the butterfly from the Level 1 hostess set, God's Beauty, in Lovely Lilac. As well, I stamped the sentiment at the bottom, also in Lovely Lilac. I then stamped the butterfly again on a piece of scrap paper and cut it out. Using some repositionable Dotto adhesive to hold it in place, I placed the cut out butterfly directly on top of the butterfly stamped on the card. I inked the leaf image in Kiwi Kiss and stamped directly onto my card several times. The point of the "masked" butterfly image is so that no Kiwi Kiss ink gets on my original butterfly image, protecting it so to speak, and it gives the leaves the appearance of being behind the butterfly. After having all of the leaves that I want in place, I removed the mask. I hope that explanation made sense!

For those who like their cards "stepped up" a bit, I then added a layer of Lovely Lilac card stock to the back of the card and tied some Kiwi Kiss 5/8" grosgrain ribbon to the front layer.
Supplies:
Stamps: God's Beauty (Level 1, Hostess set)
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Kiwi Kiss
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, scoring tool
I plan to show this simple card and its "stepped up" version at my workshop this week.
If you would like to purchase any of the items used to make these cards, simply go to my website and click on "Shop Now". Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: