Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's Time for a Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge

Every Wednesday, another Diva Coffee Break Design challenge is issued. Last week we had a color challenge. Did you play along? This week, we have a sketch challenge. Starting out with a sketch layout makes it so easy to make a card - for me, anyway! While sometimes it is easy to follow the sketch exactly, at other times I choose to leave something out or change it up a bit depending on my mood. With this sketch, I chose to put my "sentiment" in the larger image box so I didn't add a sentiment where the sketch asked for one.
Supplies:
Stamps: Echoes of Kindness
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Urban Garden DSP, Vanilla
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Vintage brads, Kiwi Kiss grosgrain ribbon, Gray taffeta ribbon
So, what do you think? Want to play? Come on, you know you do...! Hop on over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs blog for some more inspiration for this sketch and then give it a try on your own. You can upload your creation on the Diva blog using Mr. Linky, or you can email me a copy of your creation and I post it for you!
REMEMBER: There is still time to take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration promotion ~ choose a FREE item for every $50 in product you order through March 31st!

9 comments:

Pam said...

Very, very pretty and elegant!

Ilse Vargas said...

Thanks for the idea of how to use this side of the DSP :) Very nice card!

Kristin Moore said...

Ooh, just lovely Stephanie! What a nice sentiment- and that gorgeous DSP really emphasizes it! Love how you layered the ribbon too!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

All I can say is pretty! I love the paper you chose. The ribbon together is great too. Wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors Stephanie; great job!

Anonymous said...

lovely! I love DSP...

Erin said...

I love the way you tied the ribbons, it is very stunning.

DoxieGirl said...

Oh! I love how you highlighted the designer paper! Gorgeous song!
~Kendra

Adventures in Abundance said...

Very pretty. I love the way you used the DSP!