Saturday, January 31, 2009


One of my closest friends celebrated a birthday this week. Of course, she needed a birthday card! Her favorite color is purple, but I had several scrap pieces of this designer paper in front of me at the time, and in my effort to use up some of my scrap pieces, I decided to go with this color scheme. It seemed to me to be almost more of a child's card, but I was pleased with the way it came out and so I decided to give it to her anyway. The layout is fairly simple and I stamped the cupcake itself again and cut it out before adhering with dimensionals to make it pop. I used Stickles around the icing of the cupcake for a little extra dimension. Light pink brads and pink taffeta ribbon were the only other accessories. The inside was decorated as well.
Supplies:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Parisian Summer DSP (retired)
Inks: Black Stazon, Pale Plum marker, Summer Sun marker
Accessories: Stickles (non-SU), pink brads, dimensionals
Thanks for taking a peek! Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Your cards always come out good!!! (And, no, it does not look like a child's card. . .heehee)