Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If you missed the Stamp-A-Stack last night, you missed a great time! Attending stampers made nine cards, three each of three designs, to add to their supply of cards. The first card we made utilizes the Love You Much Bundle that Stampin' Up! currently has on special at 20% off. (This special is only available through January 31st, so don't delay - order yours today!) I love the color scheme used for this card ~ Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze and Whisper White. I think they are so striking together.
The second card we made uses the Flower Fancy set along with Sincere Salutations (greeting). The base of the card is Elegant Eggplant, followed by layers of Basic Black, Pale Plum and Vanilla. This is a two step stamp set. I stamped the outline of the flower image in Black Stazon and then used the Pale Plum and Garden Green markers directly onto the solid flower / leaf image and used the Stamp-A-Majig for the placement of the solid image. The grosgrain ribbon is Elegant Eggplant as well.
Our last card basically was CASE'd, though I added an extra layer. The original card that I saw had a base of Basic Gray, but it seemed a little dark to me and so I made my base in Whisper White before adding the other layers. I also used Elegant Eggplant again, instead of what appeared to be Lavendar Lace in the original card. For the life of me, I can't find the blog that I saw the original card on to give credit to the designer and I apologize for that. Her card was beautiful and had some ribbon as well if I remember correctly. If you know who designed this card, please let me know so that I can edit this post and give the proper credit. The stamp set used here was Flight of the Butterfly and the accessories used were the white gel pen, scallop and circle punches.
The next get together will be on February 5th for the Stamper's Club Project Night. I have some cute projects planned for that night and will let you take a peek at those as the project night gets closer.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great evening!

No comments: