Monday, January 5, 2009

It appears that my tempermental computer is going to let me upload a photo or two this evening, so I am going to take advantage of the situation and publish a blog post. For some strange reason, my computer and camera have been having some communication issues lately and I have been getting increasingly frustrated!
I love using the Big Shot. It sure beats cutting out flowers...! So quick and easy! As always when I haven't stamped for a while, I find that I need to look at other stampers' creations for inspiration to get going again. I found my inspiration here with Christine's card. Her card is so beautiful and elegant and I knew immediately that I was going to need to CASE it. I did use the retired Toile Blossoms for the background on the upper portion of the card. Since I did not have any River Rock background paper, I also used the retired plastic Stripes template and rolled Vanilla Craft ink directly onto the cardstock with my foam brayer. I then took a ruler and the white gel pen and added some extra lines, hoping this would give the appearance of background paper on the lower portion of the card. White taffeta ribbon would have been really pretty on this card too, but I don't have any at the moment, so I chose to just leave it off.

Supplies:
Cardstock: River Rock
Ink: River Rock, Vanilla Craft, White Craft (edges of the River Rock large flowers)
Stamps: Toile Blossoms, Elegant Cheer
Accessories: Big Shot, Birds and Blooms Sizzlits, silver brads, ticket corner punch, white gel pen, retired Stripes plastic template, foam brayer

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and for your patience as I work through these computer "issues". Have a great day!

No comments: