Sunday, September 21, 2008

Embracing Bleach

Our stamping task for bootcamp this past week was to try a new technique. I had tried bleaching once before, but it was so long ago and warranted trying again. At first, I tried using a Clorox Bleach Gel Pen, however, that did not give me enough control over the flow of bleach. So, I squeezed some out on a disposable plate and used a fine-tipped paint brush. My images, though, were first stamped with Black craft ink and embossed with clear powder to help me stay in the lines. The greeting was embossed as well. As you can see, the bleach pulls the color out of the card stock wherever you apply it. It is a pretty affect. The base of my card is Night of Navy, followed by a layer of Baja Breeze, Whisper White, another layer of Night of Navy and then finally the Embrace Life image embossed onto Baja Breeze. White grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around the top two layers and the three ovals were cut out with the Coluzzle. The sentiment comes from Elegant Cheer. Thanks for looking!

No comments: