Saturday, October 3, 2009

Over at Late Night Stampers Group this week, our design team challenge is to take a simple card that we have already created - or one from the catalog - and "step it up" a bit. The inspiration for this card started with a sample on page 6 of the Holiday Mini using the Sweet Centers stamp set. Unfortunately, I didn't have any candy to put into the center of this card, so I chose to use some of my retired buttons. I have found a way to make a "slider" for the back of the cup so that I can fill it with candy and the candy can still be accessible without ruining the card. All that hard work go to waste...? I don't think so! I will show that in another post with a Halloween card.

Back to the subject at hand.....after I punched the 1-3/4" circle for the cup to fit in, I used that circle as a template to make some clouds in the background by using a sponge dauber and some Bashful Blue ink. I know it is difficult to see in this picture, though.

Supplies~
Stamps: Sweet Centers, Great Friend (that sentiment keeps popping up as one of my favorites!)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Kraft, Whisper White
Accessories: Modern Label punch, small oval punch, sweet treat cups, Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon, photo corner punch, white gel pen, scallop edge punch

Are you a member of Late Night Stampers? You don't have to be a demo to join, but you will receive lots of inspiration / answers to questions / fellowship / access to members' card galleries as well as the design team galleries / etc. Best of all, it is FREE! Can't beat that! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: