Monday, August 25, 2008







In an effort to get organized and gain some control in my life (I know, I know - but I can dream, can't I?) I have started making some Christmas cards. I placed an order recently for the new Big Shot (can't wait to play with that!) and some new Christmas stamps. However, due to the catalog changeover and busyness of SU!, my order only recently shipped and won't be here until Thursday. :( So, I could only work with the Christmas stamps that I have and I had to get creative since most of my sets are now retired. This wasn't too hard, but they are a little more plain than I would like. You know I have a hard time with simple... right Phyllis? Guess I will just have to keep stampin....
I know the lighting is horrible. Sorry about that.
The "Holiday Greetings" card uses Sincere Salutations and Baroque Motifs. The card stocks and inks used are Vanilla, Baroque Burgundy and Old Olive with accessories of gold brads and the photo corner punch.
The "Merry Christmas" card uses Loads of Love. All images were embossed with Black Craft Ink and clear powder, then colored in with the blender pen and ink. Card stock and ink colors used are Whisper White, Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss with accessories of jumbo black brads on the wheels. On the inside, there are a few more Christmas trees.
The third card is embossed as well. Lovely as a Tree is the main set and the Christmas greeting is from Season's Greetings, which has retired but I felt the card needed a more elegant greeting than what I had available. The Whisper White is mounted on a quarter sheet of Night of Navy. There is also an embossed tree inside, again colored with the blender pen and ink. For the shadowed oval, I simply lightly stamped the tree several times, stamping off on scrap paper first to remove most of the ink. I then sponged lightly the remainder of the oval. I used the Coluzzle to make a template to use as a mask.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day.
Steph

No comments: