Saturday, November 14, 2009

I saw a version of this card out there in the blog world, but can't quite seem to remember where. Her card (another demo) was so pretty, though, and mine just doesn't do it justice. But, it is another holiday card idea for you just the same.

Supplies~
Stamps: Many Merry Messages
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories: Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, 5-petal punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Eyelet border punch

The "poinsettia" flowers are two punched images from the 5-petal punch, one on top of the other. I put a dab - more like a blob - of Crystal Effects in the middle and then some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I guess I need to work on that technique! LOL! I tried to distress the leaf edges a bit and sponged them with some Real Red ink to make them a little darker in certain places.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I like this and it's a great sketch for a very quick Christmas card.